Cascade Culinary Escape - IACP Members Only
Call or Email for reservation.
The Well Traveled Fork is pleased to present the Cascade Culinary Escape, a weekend of delicious food, farm field trips and other culinary adventures available exclusively to IACP (International Association of Culinary Professionals) members and their guests October 17-20, 2013.
We invite you to join us for three packed days of connecting to your food and drink in Central Oregon. Nestled against the eastern flank of the Cascade Mountain Range, with the beautiful Deschutes River flowing through it, Central Oregon has become a recreation and vacation destination for thousands of outdoor enthusiasts who come to bike, ski, hike, kayak and soak up the sun each year. But one cannot be sustained on clean mountain air and Central Oregon sunshine alone! Over the past decade Bend has developed a thriving culinary scene driven by enthusiastic entrepreneurs dedicated to small scale hand-crafted ventures, and a desire to support healthy lifestyles with fresh, local food grown on family farms in the surrounding agricultural base. Plus of course, an incredible collection of craft breweries (Bend boasts one of the highest brewery-to-resident ratios in the country!).
Chef Bette and her staff have carefully cultivated relationships with the best of Central Oregon's culinary artisans and is offering you the opportunity to visit with them. Join us on one of our culinary adventures and see what makes Central Oregon so unique and delicious.
Below you'll find the proposed itinerary** for this special farm-to-fork getaway. All field trips, meals, and lodging are included for only $995.
Thursday, October 17, 2013
Arrival in Central Oregon [Redmond/Bend Airport is serviced by United, Delta and Alaska/Horizon Airlines. Sunriver hosts a private/corporate airstrip.] Welcome cocktail upon arrival at Sunriver Resort, premier lodging and residential community in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains (15 miles south of Bend). Sunriver Resort was just named the best Resort in the NW Meetings 2012 Readers' Choice Best of Awards. The resort offers a world-class 63-hole Gold Medal Golf Course, the Sage Springs Spa, a brand-new Aquatics & Recreation Center and numerous outdoor opportunities including hiking, biking, kayaking, and fishing.
Day 1: Friday, October 18, 2013
*Breakfast at Meadows Restaurant in Sunriver Resort
*Farm & Ranch Tour:
- Sand Lily Goat Farm, Bend (South African boer goat meat)
- RedTail Farm, Bend (specialty greens, heritage pork, beef & chicken)
- Juniper Grove Farm, Redmond (farmstead French-inspired goat cheese)
- *Lunch at DD Ranch (featuring their all-natural grass-fed beef, pork & lamb)
- Rainshadow Organics, Terrebonne (cutting-edge certified organic produce and meat CSA [Community-Supported Agriculture] farm that mills its' own flour)
- Faith, Hope & Charity Vineyards, Terrebonne (15-acre vineyard and tasting room)
*Welcome Dinner (with a view of Mt. Bachelor) at Sunriver Resort featuring farm-fresh products and Central Oregon farmer
Day 2: Saturday, October 19, 2013
*Breakfast at Sunriver Resort
*Beyond the Bend Ale Trail: Culinary Secrets of Central Oregon Tour
- Lone Pine Coffee Roasters
- Cascade Culinary Institute (brand-new state of the art teaching facility)
- Deschutes Brewery (the one that started it all…one of the nation's largest microbreweries)
- *Lunch @ Real Food Street Bistro
- baked. bakery (hand-mixed artisan breads, pies & pastries using local ingredients)
- Volcano Vineyards (smallest winery in America)
- Celebrate the Season (local foods market and farm & garden store)
- Discover your own Culinary Secrets of Downtown Bend: free time/ explore on your own: Navidi's Olive Oils & Vinegars, Kitchen Complements, Silver Moon Brewery, Deschutes Brewery, McMenamin's, Bend Brewing Company
- Oregon Spirit Distillers (artisan spirits made from Oregon grains)
- Jem Raw Chocolates
*Cooking Class/Dinner sponsored by Central Oregon Visitor's Association: Grass-Fed Gourmet Cooking featuring Chef Bette Fraser and Bryan Tremayne, Owner & Head Butcher @ Primal Cuts Meat Market
Day 3: Sunday, October 20, 2013
*Breakfast @ hotel
Depart for home (shuttles available to Redmond Airport)
**Specific activities and schedule subject to change upon availability.
This tour is open only to members of the International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP). However, please note that The Well Traveled Fork is solely responsible for organizing and conducting the tour and that IACP assumes no liability in connection with the tour.
Call or Email us to sign up for this incredible farm-to-fork escape today!